Contact us for up to date information and rates email@example.com
Chisomo Safari Camp
Chisomo Safari Camp overlooks the Makutsi River, tucked deep in the Big Five Karongwe Game Reserve in Mpumalanga, South Africa, offering an unrivaled African Safari experience where the warm atmosphere, friendly staff and fine cuisine compliment the excellent Big 5 game viewing.
Chisomo Safari Camp features 22 Safari tents, set in the african bushveld, under majestic Apple Leaf, Jackalberry and Tamboti trees. The tents sleep 2 people and boast crisp white linen.
The Kitchen dishes up arguably the finest Ambrosial Pan African Cuisine in the district. Special dietary requirements can be catered for by prior arrangement. Beverages are available from our dining area.
Dinner is served around a campfire
Guests can enjoy the wildlife exploring the surrounding lush vegetation from their own private game viewing deck. Cool down in the pool or simply relax on the deck enjoying the sound of the bush whilst reading a book.
The rich African toned bathrooms offer revitalizing showers with wash basins. The safari tents are fully equipped with tea and coffee making facilities, toiletries, hair dryers and personal safes.
Take pleasure in the prolific bird activities and animals that visit our garden from your verandah whilst sipping a cocktail.
Romance is the key to any successful wedding and Chisomo Safari Camp provides this in abundance. The ceremony can be held at "Fig Tree" beneath beautiful shady, indigenous trees bordering the Makutzi River. This venue grants you and your guests to a real bush wedding-experience! "Fig Tree" is approx half an hour's drive into the bush and guests will be transported there by our own safari vehicle.
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, teas & coffees
- Accommodation as per voucher / reservation. (Chisomo Safari Camp reserves the right to upgrade guests subject to availability at its own discretion.)
- Two Game Activities per day (Bush walk / Open vehicle game drive) inclusive of afternoon game drive snacks
- South African Government (14% value added tax)
Children game activities policy is as follows.
- Game drives – Minimum age of four years under direct parental supervision.
- Bush Walks - Minimum age twelve years under direct parental supervision.
Child minders are available at a per hour charge.
Road Travel - self drive
The camp is around 400km from Johannesburg - approximately a 4.5 hour drive
1. Travel along the N4 Motorway towards Nelspruit, passing through Witbank
2. Turn left into Belfast
3. In Belfast, turn right towards Dullstroom
4. Continue through Dullstroom onto Lydenburg
5. Proceed through Lydenburg, continuing along the R36 to Ohrigstad and the
JG Strijdom Tunnel
6. Approximately 10km after the tunnel, take a left turn along the R36 to Tzaneen
7. Keep a lookout for the signs to Chisomo Lodge, which is 24km along the Tzaneen road
on your right.